Saturday, January 23, 2010

Random stuff

I have totally been meaning to get something on here, but we have been busy!

Just when I start to get geared back up and really, I mean REALLY get back to work, I'm faced with a decision! Well, since Tater arrived, decision making has been, hmmm, not so good on my part. I was offered a job by on old employer, without even applying or knowing a job was open! I was flattered. We spent two loooong days agonizing & praying over this decision. To make a long story short, I decided to take this part-time position, but God proved he has other plans for me. When I called to take the position, I was informed that the part-time schedule we had worked out would not work after all for the employer, so I took that as a sign, a sign that I needed to stay right where I was and just get my business geared back up!

So that's what I was ready to do this week. I had a plan, went to the office, was working (and not socializing :) sometimes I like to chit-chat too much with the people in my office). Well while I'm in the "zone" I get a call from Tater's school, another fever :( So, there went my day and the rest of my week, cuz poor guy has a-nother ear infection! I'm thinking it's the original 1st ear infection that never went away, because my son is VERY talented at NOT getting all his medicine down his throat. He's good and I'm not the only person to have tried. So we are now back on a different antibiotic and have developed a new system to get it down that throat!

We are also busy getting our house "baby-proofed." He's up on all fours, ready to take off at any moment! And rolling everywhere! If you have every tried to "gate shop" you know that the options are not really attractive and match hardly any person's decor. So I happen to have a super talented Dad (and Mom, she helped in the design work), who was also worried about how dangerous the stairs are for Tater and this is what he made for us:


Isn't is awesome? We're trying to talk him into starting a business, but he's too busy with the job he has and then he wouldn't have time to make us wonderful things like this.

And just for fun, here are a couple of cute pics of the 7 month old Tater. Such a happy boy!


Today Tater and I went to a baby celebration for our dear friend, Miss Marci, while daddy had a "daddy day." We are super excited to meet the future Mrs. Tater :) Just kidding, no pressure! They'll be great friends. Well, I have to share a couple of pics of the diaper cake we made for her, pretty cute if I say so myself. We had such a great time visiting. Now were just gonna take it easy the rest of the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment