Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Yummy!

Well with a new year brings new beginnings and those things they call "resolutions." I usually try not to make too many "resolutions" because it's just too much pressure. But, in the past when we've made them we have stuck to them so we have decided again to jump on the bandwagon and make some "resolutions."

We tried to keep it simple. For me, it's to stop biting my nails :) I've done it my whole life and it's a nasty yucky habit I'd love to break. We of course, like everyone else are trying to be healthier, working out and eating well. And lastly, we are trying to cut back on spending and this will be much easier if we quit eating out.

I've been to the gym twice this week so far.

I also started the week with a bunch of new menu items to cook up to help in the healthy eating department. I thought I would share with you a recipe that I discovered on a website called Tasty Planners. We made Slow Cooked Pulled Pork Sandwiches today and it was oh so yummy! I even froze a batch for another day and have enough for another meal this week. Oh and did I mention it was EASY!

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 boneless pork shoulder roast (3 1/2 to 4 pounds), netted or tied
1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed French Onion Soup
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
12 round sandwich rolls or hamburger rolls, split

Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until well browned on all sides.
Stir the soup, ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add the pork and turn to coat.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours* or until the pork is fork-tender.
Remove the pork from the cooker to a cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes. Using 2 forks, shred the pork. Return the pork to the cooker.
Spoon the pork and sauce mixture on the rolls.
*Or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.

My sister has got me on this coupon craze. The goal is to get as much stuff as you can for cheap or FREE or close to it. It has been a challenge but so far, I've made out like a bandit. Wal-greens & CVS are the best. Today I purchased: JIF Peanut Butter, Smuckers Jelly, Quaker Instant Oatmeal, Robitussin Cough Syrup, Visine, Reynolds foil, 3 cans of Progresso soup, Clorox wipes & Clorox toilet bowl cleaner. My total = $14.31!! I saved close to $28!!! Woohoo! Tomorrow, I'm going back to get two children's Tylenol for FREE! Cuz that's the way we roll :) I'm not as good at the deal matching as my sister yet, but I'm getting close. It's amazing how many coupons and deals are out there that you can get if you take a little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment