Saturday, August 22, 2009

Poor Wiley :(

As many of you know, David & I are pretty nutso over our puppies. They have been our babies for a long time and are a little spoiled. They are both great dogs and bring us SO much joy. Wiley was my buddy while we lived in California, so far from our family and Tucker is my little snuggler. Before Tater arrived everyone kept saying, "just wait, they won't be your babies once the baby arrives." Well, I disagree, they are still our babies. I still love them and worry about them. They have however, taken a back seat to Tater and are coping with this enormous change rather well. I keep telling them, they are really going to love him once he gets older and can throw those toys! They'll figure it out soon enough.

Well we finally broke down today and decided to use our last resort to end Wiley's barking. We've tried everything, I mean everything and now it's time to get serious. Really it was more David's idea than mine, but we bought him a bark collar. Poor thing. He does not like it and neither does his momma. David on the other hand tried it on himself (such a dork) and thinks it's a little amusing. I admit, I can see why he finds it a little funny, because if you know Wiley, you know he's a great dog, but very stubborn. He isn't an obsessive barker, more like an 'annoying, I got let you know I'm here barker.' He barks when we get off the couch, close our computer, move our arm, say PaPa, door or hello. He also barks when we come home and now that we have a sleeping Tater occasionally, we aren't too happy with the barking. Now if only we can find something to keep Tucker from his obsessive licking...

No comments:

Post a Comment