Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Two months old!

Tater is officially two months old, as of Sunday anyway. It took me two extra days to realize it! So, we have a big week ahead of us. Two months means we get to go back to the dr. and find out how he's doing. I'm excited to get the latest stats and not so excited, because it also means he'll get his first round of vaccines. :( He's already proved to us how brave & strong he is while he was in the NICU. They did some not so fun things to him there, so I think he'll do just fine.

It's a good thing I guess that I was in such a fog while in the hospital, because looking back I realize I wasn't fully comprehending all that was going on with him (thank God for my mother, once again). Now when I think about our time in the hospital I have many more questions and think how yucky it was that he spent those first five days there. We for sure had a super rough start and mommy is still coping with some things that happened at the hospital. But! He's happy and most importantly healthy!

He has been doing so great. The last couple of weeks I can really see a difference in him and how he is adjusting to life outside his momma. He's starting to get a little personality (I think he's a charmer). He's getting all his kinks worked out and getting on somewhat of a schedule. He eats great and is growing like a weed. We're still breastfeeding despite all the challenges we've had and I think he's getting it figured out. We saw a speech language pathologist and she gave us some exercises to try to get his tongue/suck to work better. We're giving it two weeks.

He's really close to sleeping through the night, I can feel it! Right now he's waking once between 2-4 and is getting better at going back to sleep until sometime between 6 & 8. Although we broke out the swing the other night to buy us a few extra hours of sleep, that is becoming more rare. Poor thing, I feel bad letting him sleep in it for so long, but hey, it works!

That's another funny thing David and I talk about a lot. No one told us all the crazy things they did to get their kids to sleep. The most popular advice we got, was to catch up on our sleep. Well to my pregnant friends, guess what my advice is? Do whatever works in the first few weeks and you'll save yourself some heartache and get some extra sleep at the same time!

Wow !this is becoming a really long blog. I'm sure my three readers are bored to death. If there are more out there, please let me know. I like to know I'm appealing to more than a few people. You can post a comment below the blog and/or you can even become a follower of my blog. It's nice to know your out there anxiously awaiting my next post :)

Next blog to come: 2-month stats and who does Tater look most like? Mommy or daddy? Ha! Who am I kidding? But I'll have a fun comparison.

1 comment:

  1. I really do enjoy you blog! I can tell Tater loves being held by Aunt Barbie.

    ReplyDelete