Friday, July 23, 2010

Going to the beach, woo hoo!!!

I've just completed like oh 10 loads of laundry (ok I'm exaggerating a little), cuz I got to pack! We haven't had a vaca since before Tater was born and I couldn't be more excited. Tater & I are going early with my mom & nephew and then David and the rest of my family will meet us in a week to head to the BEACH!! It's SO fun. 20 years or so at the same location, same hotel, same family (+ or - a few people) and lots of fun, fun, fun! Seriously, there are about 55-60 Italians and then there is us...from Missouri :) If you didn't know, my g-ma was Italian and has 6 sisters, ALL there families live in NJ, except us. Somehow my g-ma let my g-pa talk her into coming back to his "home" all those years ago. However, we have maintained a pretty tight relationship and look forward to this time of year. I am super excited for them to meet Tater, he is going to charm them for sure. I'm sad too, cuz it's the first time we have ever been without my g-ma and well it's just not fun.

I'm hoping and praying Tater does well on the airplane and the lack of structure in our schedule from day to day. I also hope he doesn't get sick and that he is the happy-go-lucky-baby I know. He is going to experience so many new things...sand for one and many other things he's going to love. I am seriously going to be on overload taking pictures & video.

I'm also trying to prepare myself to not be a freak everytime my baby falls. Yes, he's walking, but not real good and the hotel we are at is like concrete heaven. ugh. Would it be too protective if I just make him wear a helmet? :-) No where we are going is baby proofed...at all so I'll be on my toes 24/7.

I better get to packin' I don't have a lot of time and I have to work tonight! Leaving town is a sure-fire way to drum up business in the real estate department...seriously. Luckily I have a back-up person!

No comments:

Post a Comment